Friday 23 January 2015

A BIT OF HOLIDAY BAKING

It's the last week of holidays before school goes back (ew), and so far I've done quite a bit of baking. Over the Christmas period, I made a whole lot home made ice-cream, I think enough cupcakes and icing to swim in, and used enough butter to give someone a heart attack. In January, I've tried vanilla macarons, which did taste pretty good, but were kind of burnt (and not exactly the most photogenic out of them all). I've gotten the shape right, I just needed to get the buttercream right and not burn them. The next ones I'm going to try are matcha green tea ones, and I'll definitely do a blogpost when I get around to making those! I also made some banana bread, because what else do you do with ripe bananas that are ripe beyond freezing and putting into a smoothie? Along with that, my family tried creme brûlée, which worked, except our blowtorch decided not to work. Amongst all these other sugary treats, I made what I like to call my babies, cream puffs.

I'd heard so much about how choux pastry is so hard to master, and that they can deflate and go wrong like a balloon that has a tiny hole in it. This recipe makes the thought of making choux pastry not as intimidating as I thought it was. On top of all of it, they taste delicious! They don't look exactly perfect, and they're pretty lopsided, but they're delicious, so that doesn't really matter does it? (Unless you're like Donna Hay).



I like to call them my homemade dream puffs, heheh ^-^ 

- Jess xo

1 comment:

  1. The look like they turned out great! I'm so glad it worked out for you! LOVE the name "dream puffs"! :)

    ReplyDelete