Saturday 6 December 2014

DAISO BEAUTY PRODUCTS + REVIEW

Daiso, for those of you who don't know, is a Japanese 'dollar' store where everything in the store is $2.80. I've gone through a lot of their items, and quite a few of their beauty items. I'm here to share my thoughts about them for you now ^_^

Here we have the Daiso Cotton Puffs. I've repurchased these at least five times because I love them so much. They are an absolute essential for me. They're like cotton rounds, but rectangular, puffy, soft and lovely. They come in a box on 90 like below, but two of the boxes. So that's basically 180 puffs of happiness for $2.80, how could you go wrong?












This is the Daiso Marine Lotion. It comes in a nice pump bottle, and I believe is meant to resemble a serum of some sorts? It's like an unset jelly consistency and feels nice on the skin. I'm not sure if it's improved my skin, but I stopped using it because I didn't feel it did much. 















I've heard many reviews on the Daiso Charcoal line. They all seemed to be positive, so I grabbed the charcoal peel off mask. I assume it was meant to clear my pores, but I didn't see anything. Then when a tried with a biore nose strip (which are always trust worthy) nothing came off? It didn't work for my friend, so either I have very clear pores or it just doesn't work. 















I don't know what they're called exactly, but theyre some of Daiso's lip products. The first is a slim lipstick and the second one is a lip gloss. I'm indifferent about the lipstick, since it has too much shimmer in it for my liking, but I really like the lip gloss. It smells like sweet milk tea in my opinion, and it's a nice lip gloss, especially for $2.80. It's got the right amount of stickiness, but not too much and quite nice colour payoff. I haven't found it again though...so I don't know where you can find it. I guess it's kind of pick and choose. 


Now, these are Daiso's oil blotting sheets. They have a huge selection, and I've seen many reviews on them, so this is my thoughts. I have the Cutie Star 200 Blotting Sheets and the Silk 100 Blotting Sheets. The Cutie Star one may have twice the amount as the Silk ones, but aren't as soft and convenient to grab. I find myself grabbing two or three when I intend to take one out of it, and end up sometimes wasting one anyway. I like the easy accessibility of the Silk ones, and they're much softer on the skin. 



I don't have a picture, but I've tried the BB, Collagen, Q10 Coenzyme and Honey Sheet Masks. None of them impressed me, they left my skin kind of sticky and didn't do anything to make my skin feel any better like the My Beauty Diary, Innisfree and Etude House Sheet Masks that I've tried in the past. Even the cheaper ones from Korean grocery stores have done more to my skin than them. This one is a pass for me. 

I've got their tweezers, and they're okay. They're good for $2.80 when you see the great reviews of tweezerman tweezers then see the price. 

These are the beauty things I've tried from Daiso. I really like their craft section and some of their eating plates/bowls are pretty cool too (and same with their food). I'll be taking another trip to Daiso soon for some other things (like their display folders? I love them). Anyway, that's it for now!

- Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment