Saturday 29 November 2014

MY TOP MLBB'S AT THE MOMENT

This is a shorter post, since it hasn't been long since my last one. In case you didn't know, and MLBB stands for a 'my lips but better' product. I have pale, pinky-mauve-nude lips, is the best way I can describe it. These are my top MLBB's with reviews (:


First one is the Maybelline Colour Elixir in Caramel Infused. I won't go too much on about this one, since I did a review in my Priceline 40% off Cosmetics Haul and Review. I like the sweet smell, I like the precise applicator (which is super soft and lovely on the lips, may I add), I like the what I call 'perfect lip gloss' formula, I love the sleek packaging and I love the colour. 




Second one is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 07 Nudist. It's not really a nude to me, but it's the most nude out of the range. It's quite pink, and the most different from my natural lip shade out of the four, but it's easily worn by me. These are highly pigmented, cream mousse-like liquid lipsticks. They glide on opaque and leave a nice matte finish. Only thing is that they can get sticky throughout the day, and smells like silly string (eugh!). But, I really like the colour...so it's totally worth it. 




Third one is the Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle. The Revlon lip butters are fabulous. Sheer, buttery colour with a smooth moisturising formula and all the rage in the beauty community about one to two years ago. The formula is great, the colours are great and I just overall love them. 




My last one is the Ulta3 Matte Lipstick in Brown Sugar. It's a mauve-brown, more autumn-y for me as it's darker than the rest on my lips. I love the formula, especially for a matte lipstick. It's very smooth and creamy and doesn't leave my lips super dry. Their entire range is fabulous anyway, so if you see them, check 'em out!




Here are some swatches; from L-R is Maybelline Colour Elixir in Caramel Infused, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nudist, Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle an Ulta3 Matte Lipstick in Brown Sugar.




Even though they all may look starkly different, they kind of all look very similar to my lip colour, which is kind of weird. JUST LESS THAN A MONTH 'TILL CHRISTMAS *squeals excitedly* WHO'S EXCITED TOO? 

- Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment