Saturday 25 October 2014

MY RECENT BARGAIN FINDS

I know this post won't be very long, but I thought I'd share my recent bargain finds. Some of you will know that in Australia, makeup isn't cheap. Half of the makeup from America, Asia or UK will either come late at one and a half, or double the price, or not come at all. It's annoying, really. A revlon lipstick's RRP is like $21.95, which is why I usually (if not always) shop sales and wait for 40% and 50% off sales to buy my products. I've recently found some amazing bargain finds, and I want to share them with you all (:

My first one would be the Ulta3 lipsticks. When I was younger and first getting into nail polish, my first polishes I bought were Ulta3, because they're cheap, and as a 10 year old, $8 Sally Hansen nail polishes weren't cheap. I didn't think much of them, as they get chunky after a while, and not all the colours are opaque in two coats, so I kind of judged the brand by them. After seeing a huge display at a nearby chemist, I decided to grab some lipsticks because they're $2.95 for normal ones and $3.95 for matte ones. I was honestly surprised with them. They're really creamy, long lasting and have a great range of shades. The matte one is very matte, and look really great. They wear well, and aren't drying like other matte lipsticks (or maybe that's just because I loaded up the lip balm before). They go on really smoothly and I love them. 

Another would be celebrity fragrances. I smelt the Marc Jacobs fragrances, and immediately fell in love. I saw the price tag and thought, woah, that's way too steep. I started to save up for the triple digit price tag, when a friend smelt really good and I asked what she was wearing. When she said that it was Beyonce's Heat Rush, I was surprised. I had a low opinion of celebrity fragrances, because I used to think that they were cheaply made and seen as forms of merchandise. I started to look around, and soon I found some really nice fragrances on sale. The best part about them, is because they are celebrity fragrances, and there are so many, their prices get pretty cheap after a while. I always check Chemist Warehouse, and I've found Katy Perry's Killer Queen 100ml EDP for $25, the Beyonce Heat Rush 100ml EDT for $20, the Lady Gaga Fame 100ml EDP for $30 and the Britney Spears Fantasy 100ml EDP for $20. I used to judge their fragrances on how I viewed the celebrity, but I realised that I don't have to like the celebrity to like their fragrance, do I?

Always look online. Generally if you try and buy american cosmetics at places like beautyjoint and iHerb, the shipping is like $10 so it's not very useful for people who are looking to buy one or two products like me. If you're looking to buy like Real Techniques brushes, or buy many multiple items, than those would be useful to you. Also, look at reviews a lot. The MeNow Generation II Long Lasting Lipglosses are really great. They're about $1 each, and they're just like a liquid lipstick that dries matte. The smell may be chemically, and the size isn't as big as other liquid lipsticks, but I mean at $1? I have to admit, I did buy four thinking they'd be good shades but were all either too orange or too pink for me, but I'll probably just pass them off to a friend. Most other people wouldn't have a problem with that like I do, but they're an absolute steal, even if the month of waiting is forever. You can get them on ebay or buyincoins. Also, look for places that offer free shipping. It's one of the reasons why I love beautynetkorea, they offer asian cosmetics and skincare at really affordable prices with their own form of rewards and discounts. They also offer free shipping, and the service is great with giving free samples; same with Jolse. 

My last one would be essence nail polishes. Their bottles may not look as sleek as Essie, or have the same range of colours, but if you do your research and find the right ones, they're amazing. Selected polishes are opaque in two coats, dry fast and have the best brush I've ever seen in my opinion. They're a thick, fat brush and put your nail polish on perfectly in one stroke. I also like how they have this nice clicking feeling when you close them, to know for sure that they're closed tight enough. The colours that I love are english rose, that's what I mint and let's get lost. Not to forget, they're $2.75? You could probably buy the whole range for the price of two essie polishes. 

That's all I have for now, but if I find any more I'll definitely make another post.
- Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment