Saturday 18 October 2014

IT'S SPRING!

Yes, It's Spring here in Australia, and despite the boxes and boxes of tissues I'm going through, the watery eyes and all the blood noses I'm getting all due to lovely hay fever, I thought that I'd list some things that some fun and essential things for Spring! (I'll also be posting one for Autumn soon for all the Northern Hemisphere people, I'm so jealous, Autumn is my favourite month!)

AN: My lamp's broken, and my photos generally aren't the best, so I'm just taking pictures from Google. None of these pictures are mine, and credit to anyone if they are yours (:

Makeup

I'm not one for wearing a lot of makeup in Spring, but I do love to change out my lip colours. I love lip tints because they stay on your lips and don't have that transfer when you want to drink water, causing that annoying lipstick build up around the bottle which you have to constantly wipe off. My favourites right now are the Etude House Kissful Tint Choux in #1 Red Chou and #4 Tangerine Chou. The red one provides a raspberry red tint to the lips which can be built up, and the tangerine one provides a pink-peach tint which turns into a pink on my lips after it stains. They're a moisturising, glossy tint, and once the gloss wears off leaves a nice stain which lasts roughly 6 hours with eating and drinking. 

I got mine at beautynetkorea, and you can get it there here.




Skincare

In terms of body lotion, I really love my Vaseline Aloe Body Lotion because it smells great, is pretty moisturising and feels refreshing. The problem is with summer, it leaves that residue that I don't like having when it's hot, because it leaves my skin feeling sticky. That's where the Vaseline Spray and Go Aloe Body Lotion has found a place in my heart. It sprays the perfect amount so that it moisturises like it should, but doesn't leave that stickiness. Yes, it's not as good value as the pump one, but this one is so much more time efficient and it's just great. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't come in the SPF version like the squeeze one does, so I have to layer sunscreen on top of that which is pretty sticky, kind of defeating the purpose...but that's it's problem.

I got mine at Chemist Warehouse, but you can get it at Priceline here and Chemist Warehouse here.



I don't get sunburnt very easily, but when I'm exposed to sun I tend to get really red, like my skin just goes really red all over. I don't know why, but it just does. I also feel hot really easily, and that's why I love this. This is the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel. It's moisturising, not sticky and very cooling and soothing not to mention that it smells amazing (I also just love the smell of aloe and green tea in general though...). The sad thing is that I'm halfway through it and I only bought one when in Thailand. ):

As mentioned above, I did get mine in Thailand, but you can get it at Jolse here and at Yesstyle here.













For moisturisers, everyone needs a good, moisturiser with SPF for Spring and Summer, and all year round in general. This is the Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser with SPF 15+. I used to use the Dermalogica Fresh Start one, until I realised how expensive it was (despite how amazing it was) and thought that maybe I could find a cheaper one. After seeing Ingrid (Missglamorazzi on YouTube) rave about it so much and use it in all her videos featuring a moisturiser for the past couple of months, I thought, why not give it a shot. I found it to be amazing. It's moisturising, at least enough for my dry skin, isn't sticky and I like the hygienic pump. 

I got it at Coles when it was on sale, but you can get it at Priceline here and at Chemist Warehouse here.

















As for fragrances, I've been loving my Elizabeth Arden Green Tea and Honeysuckle 100ml EDT. It's a fresh, sweet floraly-citrus scent to me, and I love it. I can smell the green tea, but also the floral. It doesn't have a very strong honeysuckle note to it, but I still like it. I love fresh floral scents for spring, and this is one of my favourites. 

I got it at a nearby chemist and you might be able to find it near you.


















Accessories

I'm loving bows, in fact, I always love bows. They always add a bit of girliness and cuteness to a hairstyle. Since in Autumn and Winter I usually wear my hair down, I can't really use these. Since it's Spring and nearing Summer and the weather is obviously much hotter, I will usually throw my hair up in a high ponytail or bun, and these are the perfect and my favourite accessories. The first one is the dotted bow hair clamp from Iswas in the dark blue one. It's quite small and cute, and my favourite for buns, but still looks cute in ponytails. The other ones are the bow-accent polka dot hair ties from 59 Seconds. They come in a pack of 5, and are really cheap. Since they're so cheap, the quality isn't great so you have to be careful with the bow part as part of one of my bows ripped because I wasn't careful, but the elastic itself is quite durable. It can go around my hair two to three times and stays pretty well, but i put another hair tie underneath for extra reassurance. I also really like the huge bow hair ties you can get at daiso when I want something bigger and less subtle for my buns. 

I got them both at Yesstyle. The Iswas one isn't available anymore, the other ones you can get here.





















So yeah, this is what I've been liking for Spring!
Now I really randomly want some bubble tea >.<

- Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment